Let me honor them. This is in no partucular order hehehe...
Friend no 1. She lives in Sawmill. She knows all about me. I believe 99.9% of me. When we were young. Still in elementary, I would run to her house to ask for toothpaste when we run out of it. I wash laundry with her in their laundry area. We used pump well then. We danced together to the tune of Regine Velasquez' Urong Sulong. Giggle about crushes. I was among the very first to know when she became a mother. She is the Ninang of my son. The last time we talked? A few days ago. Too bad she does not facebook though. I love this friend of mine. I will make sure she knows it.
Friends no 2. She lives in Wisconsin. She used to be my co teacher. We spent many times together. Mostly with food. We used to borrow money from each other. It was I who borrowed more. I love her being so cute and funny. She has her way of telling me my weaknesses without being harsh. I was with her the the first time I went to Boracay. She knows my embarassing secrets. She celebrates when Im victorious. Cries when I fail. I cried to her while I had miscarriage. She hates the people I hate. Hmmmn. Im not too sure. Basi gina pa lipay ya lng ko. hehehe. She watched Miguel's first solid food via webcam. She was supposed to be my maid of honor. But she was far away during that time. I learned later on she was actually in town that day. I hated her for that. I am the happiest when she got engaged. I miss her everytime I fight with hubby. We say I love u to each other in YM. Yes friends can be cheesy. The last time we talked?Yesterday.
Up next. Friend no. 3
To be continued....
walk a few steps
dance to whatever tune. slow or fast.
push a trolley
read a few letters
read familiar words
wave bye bye
do flying kiss
say a few words:
chips (and i don't like it)
Written by Dr. Kent M. Keith
People are often unreasonable, illogical,
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, People may accuse you
of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some
false friends and some true enemies;
If you are honest and frank,
people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone
could destroy overnight;
If you find serenity and happiness,
they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today,
people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have,
and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the FINAL analysis,
it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway
_end of poem_
because you feel that the author seems to
talk about how you really feel at the moment,
Then I want you to know...
I feel exactly the same.
Be happy anyway! :)
God loves us. He knew we will be needing
this kind of comforting messages
once in a while.
Courage! We are never alone.
P.S. Thank you Teresia for sharing this beautiful message!
Thanks Baby for making me smile today by forwarding this cute article. And thanks for being my friend. The consistent one.
WHY GOD MADE MUMS
Answers given by 2nd grade school children to the following questions:
Why did God make mothers?
1. She's the only one who knows where the sticky tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
3. God made my Mum just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are mothers made of ?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other Mum?
1. We're related.
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's Mums like me.
What kind of little girl was your Mum?
1. My Mum has always been my Mum and none of that other stuff.
2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3. They say she used to be nice.
What did Mum need to know about Dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?
Why did your Mum marry your Dad?
1. My Dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mum eats a lot.
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My Grandma says that Mum didn't have her thinking cap on.
Who's the boss at your house?
1. Mum doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because Dad's such an idiot.
2. Mum. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
3. I guess Mum is, but only because she has a lot more to do than Dad.
What's the difference between Mums & Dads?
1. Mums work at work and work at home and Dads just go to work at work.
2. Mums know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller & stronger, but Mums have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's.
4. Mums have magic, they make you feel better without medicine..
What does your Mum do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don't have spare time.
2. To hear her talk, she pays bills all day long.
What would it take to make your Mum perfect?
1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
2. You know, her hair. I'd die it, maybe blue.
If you could change one thing about your Mum, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
2. I'd make my Mum smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.
3. I would like her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.
One of the coolest things I have ever done with the Gmoms (Gorgeous! That's how we call our selves. We are the wives of our husbands who work/used to work in Fairchild) is to hold joint parties like the "Colors and Dots", the "Stripe-it-up", the "valentine" just recently the "11-in-1"! It has been a tradition to celebrate birthdays together, thus, saving money while having fun! We all help each other with the details (I love this part so much!) and each family brings one or two dishes making our parties a feast! The highlight of each party is the "tapaw"! That's when we bring home plenty of left over meals :)
I have a different calling now. Being a mom (and a teacher too!) to my 2 boys. And being a wife to my GBG. If God wants me to continue my teaching profession, in His time, I don't know. Maybe when the kids are a little older. One thing I'm sure is, I want to be with them now. In their formative years. The temptation to earn dollars is always nagging me. It keeps coming back. But then again I have to convince myself to sacrifice a few more years. Anyway, I still get hugs (and more) every single minute of every single day and night. I must admit, those are a lot more valuable than the paychecks! Now i have to go get a few :) Ciao!
Wednesday, July 1, 2009