Bonded with friends from church over these cupcakes (and the yummies they also brought) last night :) It's one of my successful batches so I'm sharing the recipe with you! Disclaimer: recipe's not mine. I also just copied it from a recipe book and saved it in my almost-10-year-old recipe notebook :P
1 1/4 all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 375°F Thoroughly grease muffin pans or use paper liners.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into small bowl. Set aside.
3. With an electric mixer, cream the butter or margarine and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Mix in the bananas.
4. With the mixer on low speed, beat in the flour mixture alternately with milk. Spoon into pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
5. Leave to cool in the pans for 10 minutes.
Try it! :)